- On sale!
EPIC DIVING I DIVING WITH TIGER SHARK I GROUP OFFER I 6 NIGHTS + 5 DAYS DIVING I BAHAMAS
Epic Diving. Are you looking for Tiger shark and Oceanic Whitetip diving in the Bahamas? Epic Diving specializes in safe, up-close encounters with a variety of shark species throughout the Bahamas.
EPIC DIVING I DIVING WITH TIGER SHARK HIGHLIGHTS
- This is an offer for a 12 paid divers + 1 free
- Price is per person and based on double occupancy
- Spoken languages English
- Associated with PADI
- Rental options Recreational diving equipment
- General facilities Offers non-diving activities, Offers packages + accommodation, Offers pickup from hotel
- Diving types Boat diving
- Dive with Tigersharks in the Bahamas and stay at the Greenwood hotel
- This sports complex has incredible apartment style accommodations with all the comforts of home.
- Each apartment by the pool has two bedrooms, one with king size bed, dressing room and full private bathroom, the other is double with two queen beds, dressing room and full private bathroom.
- Three or four guests will share a fully furnished living room, full kitchen, half bathroom and outside patio. The pool is just outside the apartment and there is internet access next to the pool.
Don't forget to save your customization to be able to add to cart
Our host hotel for our tiger shark diving expeditions is a meticulously maintained 30-unit, gated community. West End is the oldest town and westernmost settlement of Grand Bahama Island. Relax by the marina or go for a swim. Keep an eye out for the eagle ray family that call the marina home. After shark diving, have your evening cocktail at the freshwater pool, and be prepared for a tasty surprise in the cozy dining-room after the sunset. Forget about the outside world! These are fully furnished condo rental units. Unlike standard hotels, there is no daily room service. The condo will be supplied with fresh towels, bedding, and toilet paper. There is laundry (washer and dryer) in each unit if you'd like to freshen up your linens. Stop of at the store on the way in and pick up some extra toilet paper, dish soap, toiletries and snacks.
From the Operator
Epic Diving offers dedicated shark diving expeditions with a number of key shark species. From the ubiquitous reef shark, the larger-than-life tiger shark, to the ultra rare oceanic whitetip shark and great hammerhead shark, these trips offer nonstop excitement and great photographic and filming opportunities. Our dive boat, M/V Thresher, moves between islands for the best shark diving encounters with the different species during the appropriate seasons.
SEASON OCTOBER - MAY
Tiger Beach Shark Diving
Tiger Beach is not just world renowned for its clear, calm water. For years, it’s Tiger shark diving encounters have made it one of the premier dive destinations in the world among professional photographers, videographers and shark lovers alike. With numerous species of shark frequenting this area, you have opportunities to see Tiger Sharks, Lemon Sharks, Caribbean Reef Sharks, Nurse Sharks, Hammerheads and more. However, for many years now, the Tiger Shark diving has been taking front stage at Tiger Beach and changing the perception of these top predators. Thanks to the foresight of the Bahamas, making all waters surrounding the nations islands a marine sanctuary, we are able to enjoy the benefits of a healthy marine ecosystem.
The reefs near tiger beach have a vast array of marine life, hard corals and soft corals. Visibility can reach well over 100 feet and you mix in some of the local reef and lemon sharks, you have a dream dive for many nature enthusiasts. When the tigers, growing to over 16 feet, come in you find yourself ignoring all the other sharks in the area and focusing on only the large, striped shark who seems to be more curious and cautious than you were expecting. Being completely surrounded by nature for the week, we know you will leave with more appreciation for the sharks, but also for the Bahamas as a whole.
Shark Diving Experiences
The year starts off in Bimini where guests have the opportunity to dive with the Great Hammerhead shark, a rare and generally shy species. In addition to shark diving with the great hammerheads, divers will often encounter bull sharks and nurse sharks. In March, Thresher moves to Cat Island, now world renowned for it’s incredible Oceanic Whitetip Shark diving. While diving with this pelagic shark species, guests will often see silky sharks and dusky sharks, with possible blue marlin encounters. Drifting in the deep blue water always offers surprises, such as blue sharks, mobula rays, tiger sharks and great hammerheads. Epic Diving spends the remainder of the year on the West End of Grand Bahama Island at the world famous Tiger Beach. Diving with tiger sharks, reef sharks, and lemon sharks are the norm, with chances to see great hammerhead sharks and bull sharks.
All of our shark diving is done in clear, warm water, with depths ranging from 20 feet up to 50 – 60 feet on some of the deeper reefs. We generally expect good visibility on our shark diving expeditions and the water temperatures range from 76 degrees F to 82 degrees F.
Shark Research & Conservation
Epic Diving has participated in numerous research and conservation projects on each of the islands we operate. For the past 5 years, we have worked closely with the ongoing research on Cat Island investigating the spatiotemporal movement patterns of oceanic whitetip sharks. This joint effort between the Cape Eleuthera Institute, Stony Brook University, and Microwave Telemetry now has a database of over 80 individual oceanic whitetip sharks, mostly female, that return to the waters off Cat Island each spring. We continue to have open communication and reporting of the individual animals seen on our dives, including important data such as the date first seen, approximate size, new scars or distinguishing marks, apparent pregnancy, and condition of the tags and tag remnants.
In Bimini, we provide similar data to the Bimini Biological Field Station Foundation (Sharklab). Each year, Epic Diving contributes photographs as well as a detailed database of individual great hammerhead sightings off the coast of South Bimini. Each year, we donate a portion of our profits
- There are daily flights into Freeport (FPO) on Grand Bahama Island from several airports in Florida, as well as Nassau. Check with Bahamas Air, Silver Airways, and Jet Blue for the most flight options.
WHAT ARE THE AIRPORT CODES?
- NAS - Nassau International Airport, New Providence
- FPO - Freeport International Airport, Grand Bahama
DO YOU PROVIDE PICKUP FROM FREEPORT AIRPORT?
- Because of the large number of arrival times, we do not include transportation from the airport to the hotel and back. It is easy for guests to hop in a cab for the 45 minute ride to the marina resort. The price for the cab is typically around $60 US each way.
CAN I FLY DIRECT TO FREEPORT FROM THE US
- Several airlines have regular flights between Florida and Freeport, Grand Bahama.
Our host hotel for our tiger shark diving expeditions is a meticulously maintained 30-unit, gated community. West End is the oldest town and westernmost settlement of Grand Bahama Island.
Relax by the marina or go for a swim. Keep an eye out for the eagle ray family that call the marina home.
After shark diving, have your evening cocktail at the freshwater pool, and be prepared for a tasty surprise in the cozy dining-room after the sunset. Forget about the outside world!
These are fully furnished condo rental units. Unlike standard hotels, there is no daily room service. The condo will be supplied with fresh towels, bedding, and toilet paper. There is laundry (washer and dryer) in each unit if you’d like to freshen up your linens. Stop of at the store on the way in and pick up some extra toilet paper, dish soap, toiletries and snacks.
Each poolside apartment features two bedrooms:
- Single or Double with a queen size bed and full bathroom
- Double occupancy with two queen beds and full bathroom
- Three or four guests will share a fully furnished living room, full kitchen, half bathroom, and walk out patio. The pool is just outside the apartment and there is internet access poolside,in the restaurant and lobby.
All Tiger Shark expeditions are only for divers and guests will have up to 3 dives per day. The depth varies, but in general it is shallow, and the background times are longer.
Example of itinerary for the expedition of tiger sharks with epic diving
- For the most part, the divers will be overweighted and kneeling at the bottom. It is easy to dive, so you can focus all your attention on the sharks around you. We will be in the water together as a group.
- Sunday, day 1: Arrival in Freeport, Grand Bahama Guests will take a taxi for the thirty minute trip to their accommodation. You will have the day to relax, unpack and prepare your equipment ... the adventure begins tomorrow.
- From Monday to Friday, days 2-6: the itinerary of each day will be chosen by the group. Our team knows the best areas to find a variety of shark species.
- We will board the boat early and generally stay in the water all day. Check out our comfortable dive boat in the Gallery.
- Saturday, day 7: Departure from Grand Bahama There are several daily flights departing from Freeport, Grand Bahama. Most will leave on the previous flight to make connections on the same day at their final destination. Your transport will arrive at 7 am to take you to the airport.
The diving package with tiger sharks in the Bahamas includes:
- 7 days, 6 nights hotel.
- 5 full days of encounters with sharks.
- Daily lunch on the boat.
- Snacks and drinks on the boat.
- Tanks, Weights, Belts
HOW DO I SECURE MY RESERVATION?
- A nonrefundable, nontransferable deposit of $1,000 USD is required to secure your reservation. Once received, you will be provided with an invoice confirming your dates, deposit, and balance.
TRIP INSURANCE AND OTHER INFO
- We strongly recommend dive accident insurance as well as separate dive trip/travel insurance. These policies can be purchased from DAN, DiveAssure, and a number or other agencies.
- There are no refunds for lost days of diving due to weather cancellations, natural disaster, trip delays, injury or equipment issues. You should check with individual policies to ensure that you are covered in the event of unforeseen issues.
WHAT IS THE SEASON FOR TIGER SHARK ENCOUNTERS
- Our tiger shark diving trips from October through April. Although there are sharks here year-round, we schedule our dive calendar around the time with the greatest numbers of animals in order to ensure that guests have the experience they come looking for!
WHAT PAYMENT METHODS DO YOU ACCEPT?
- We accept Credit Card, Paypal, Check, Money Orders, and Bank Wire. We accept credit cards in the form of Mastercard, Visa, and American Express.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
- We recommend guests bring their own toiletries, sea sickness medication, and insect repellent. Altough the day time temperatures are pretty warm, we suggest a light jacket for cool nights or after long hours in the water.
WHAT LEVEL OF DIVE CERTIFICATION DO I NEED?
- All divers must be open water certified for our tiger shark diving expeditions. Night dives or other specialty dives require advanced certification.
ARE MEALS INCLUDED?
- All tiger shark diving packages include lunch on the boat, as well as drinks and snacks. Breakfast and dinner is not included unless otherwise specified.
IS THERE ANY PAPERWORK I NEED TO FILL OUT?
- All guests are required to fill out a Epic Diving Liability Waiver, which can be found here. You'll be able to download and fill out the waiver on your computer or tablet and email it back to us. Alternatively, you can print it out and bring it with you.