- On sale!
VILLA KIVA DIVING RESORT I FEB - MAR 2020 I 7 NIGHTS I TANZANIA
Villa Kiva Resort in Zanzibar was born from the desire to escape from the cold and bustle of the big cities and be welcomed in one of the most beautiful and unspoilt corners of Zanzibar. Zanzibar's One Ocean Dive Center is the oldest and most reputable dive operation in Tanzania.
- 7 nights - 5 days diving
- Languages English and Italian
- Located along its own private sandy beach in Matemwe
- Villa Kiva Boutique Hotel features large gardens and an outdoor pool.
- It is 45 km from Stone Town, and offers a restaurant and free Wi-Fi.
- The atoll of Mnemba is formed by a main island and several private sand languages.
- Divers can dive and swim with dolphins and turtles and admire numerous corals and species.
- Offering a private terrace or balcony, every room in Villa Kiva is elegantly decorated.
- A buffet breakfast is served every morning at the Villa Kiva Boutique Hotel.
- Menu based on Zanzibar tradition, fresh seafood dishes and European specialties.
- The bar offers the perfect place to have a cocktail or enjoy a selection of drinks.
- The main building also has a living room and a TV room.
- The staff can arrange a variety of massages.
- Zanzibar airport is 53 km away, while the Stone Town ferry dock is 46 km away.
- Couples particularly like the place - they rated it as 8.9 for a two-person trip.
Don't forget to save your customization to be able to add to cart
HOTEL VILA KIVA
Villa Kiva Resort in Zanzibar was born from the desire to escape from the cold and bustle of the big cities and be welcomed in one of the most beautiful and unspoilt corners of Zanzibar. Located on the northeast coast of the island, it is a true paradise with white sandy beaches, warm waters and an incredible sea - an ideal destination for those who appreciate peace and tranquility...
Villa Kiva has a central body with cafeteria/bar, lounge and living room, and 13 double rooms with bathroom in the bungalows located on the sides of the villa.
All rooms and common areas are equipped with ceiling fans, mosquito nets on the windows and around the beds, and air conditioning. Satellite TV is available in the living room and Wi-Fi is available throughout the facility.
YOUR KITCHEN HAS TASTY, FRESH AND HIGH QUALITY INGREDIENTS
The dishes are inclined towards international and Italian specialities, all made with fresh seafood and local products.
However, you also have the opportunity to taste tasty Swahili dishes, included in the menu as starters, first courses and second courses.
In the beautiful surroundings of the Garden Restaurant, you can enjoy different types of pasta, soups or dumplings, different types of fresh fish, and carpaccio of tuna and octopus.
A rich a la carte menu completes the offer and is especially appreciated by those who want to enjoy special flavors in their meals.
A continental breakfast buffet is served on the terrace facing the sea of the Villa from 7:30 a.m. each morning.
Tea time at the pool is served from 5.00 p.m. to 6.00 p.m. every afternoon.
Dinner is served at the Garden Restaurant from 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. every night.
10 DIVES WITH ONE OCEAN ZANZIBAR
The Zanzibar Dive Centre, One Ocean is the oldest and most reputable dive operation in Tanzania..
Since 1993, thousands of tourists have been delighted by the snorkelling, scuba diving and scuba diving courses provided by our outstanding team.
In 1999 Gary Greig, an Australian, bought the company and since then it has expanded its operations on Zanzibar to include some of the best resorts and beach lodges on the island.
All One Ocean boats are equipped with VHF Marine radios, mobile phones, life jackets, snorkel vests, safety rings, first aid kits, emergency oxygen units and two engines.
Dives are always led by PADI certified Divemasters or PADI certified Instructors, while our snorkellers are accompanied in the water with at least one of our highly experienced snorkel guides.
Our dive groups are limited to a maximum of 6 people per dive leader unless there are specific situations where this number needs to be reduced
- Our extensive selection of equipment consists of
- Regulators ScubaPro Mk2/R190
- BCDs ScubaPro T-One
- FINS-FuLL foot ScubaPro Go
- WETSUITS Reef 5mm long or short
- MASKS ScubaPro and Reef
- SNORKELS ScubaPro
- 10 L Tanks Aluminium Tanks
- 12 L Tanks Aluminium Tanks
- VALVES DIN and Yoke
- Compressor BAUER
Scuba diving and snorkelling with One Ocean Stone Town reflects the vibrant, busy hustle and bustle you find in the small streets of Stone Town
Here, coral grows in huge amounts: coral-gardens, long plunging walls, underwater mountains and wrecks interchange with each other, forming a haven for the many different kind of fish who live here
The big variety of both soft and hard corals makes any scuba dive in the Stone Town area a feast. Stag-horn, table, whip and brain coral as well as barrel sponges and giant sea fans, which wave lazily in the current, can all be found in great quantities.
Many sea-urchins and starfish litter the sandy bottom, giving the impression of a colourful minefield. Clear blue waters and a white sandy bottom complete the picture.
The coral reefs around Stone Town are full of critter life. Macro-lovers with keen eyes (which our guides are) may find seahorses, cuttle-fish, leaf fish, frog fish, ghost-pipefish and many different kind of shrimp.
Depth: 5-18 m
The island Bawe just off the coast of Stone Town, is our go-to reef. We have 3 dive sites around the island. One is on the North side and is a continuous coral wall teeming with life. Cuttle-fish, moray eels and seahorses hide between the many blue sponges, while rainbow runners and longfin batfish cruise by in the blue. Blue spotted stingrays and torpedo rays litter the sandy bottom. On the South side, a long shallow reef stretches the whole side of the island, ideal for snorkellers and beginner divers. Deeper big coral bommies, which are home to some massive Titan trigger fish, interchange with sandy patches on which huge barrel sponges grow. Stingrays, king fish and thornback box fish can all be found here but the stars of the show are definitely the turtles who live here. Both Green and Hawksbill turtles can regularly be seen here.
Depth: 5-22 m
This is one of our absolute favourite dive sites. On a gently sloping bottom, between beautiful coral formations and big fans, moray eels, lion fish and rays can be spotted. Angel fish, crocodile fish, octopuses, nudibranchs etc. liven the place up.
This is also our favourite night dive spot. At night the corals transform and the most amazing critter life wakes up. Hundreds of shrimps, crabs and eels come out to hunt, while squids flash their brilliant colours in the dark waters.
Depth: 5-24 m
Aquarium is a gentle sloping coral wall, ranging in depth from 10 to 24 m. On the reef you can see gobies, trumpet fish, lion fish and also lobsters lazily waving their antennas. In the blue, silver sweetlips, large schools of fusiliers and bigmouth mackerels can be found.
Depth: 5-24 m
This dive site, close to the Pange sand bank, is a great place to find every member of the scorpionfish family. We have seen bearded and devil scorpionfish, stone fish as well as many different kinds of lionfish. These two undersea mountains channel the water so there is always some current running which makes it a perfect spot for drift dives. Look for titan trigger fish, blue spotted stingrays and the elusive whip coral shrimp. Some days Two Stones gets visited by huge schools of jacks and anchovies. Great fun!
- Please contact your national embassy or consulate for immigration requirements in Tanzania.
Getting to the resort
- Next Airport: Zanzibar International airport.
- Matemwe is a village located on the north – east coast of Zanzibar. The economy of this place, is based on agriculture especially seaweed and fishing. This area are frequent by tourists, it is a place for those who wants to get away from mass tourism. Here, you will do long walks along the white sand beach, and enjoy the beautiful crystal sea, enjoying relaxing and living the local traditions. The Matemwe beach is the longest of Zanzibar, and is subject to the tides, characteristic of the place. The island of Mnemba, where there is the opportunity to enjoy boat tours and snorkeling, is located in front, only 15 minutes. This little island allows you to discover the show that the reef provides, together with the marine life that houses, among which tunas, barracuda, clown fish, dolphins and whale sharks. Also, for kayakers, there is the chance to explore the area around Matemwe, in a unique and wonderful.
- All passengers must have a valid passport to enter Tanzania. If in doubt we recommend checking with the nearest consulate to see if you will need a visa.
- Pack lightly since you will be dressing for warm weather. Please check with your airline for weight allowances and baggage policies. Airlines have ever-changing baggage limitations that can affect divers and photographers, so always check for updates on regulations.
- Tanzanian Shilling (Tsh) = 100 cents
- Approximate exchange rate US$ 1 = 1,600 Tanzanian Shillings
- Kiswahili & English
You are reserving a standard room with ocean view with king size bed and anti-allergic mattress, air conditioning, wardrobe, safe, mosquito nets on the windows and around the bed. Possibility to add a cot. Veranda equipped with table and chairs, large bathroom with shower and bidet.
- Maximum occupancy: 2 persons
- Bed: 2
- Bathroom en suite: Yes
- Air conditioning: Yes
- 7 nights accommodation
- Half board
- 10 dives with divemaster
- Light snacks on the boat
- Transfer from the airport
- Full board.
- Equipment rental per day (includes BCD and regulator): $15.
- Payment: Full payment is required to confirm this reservation. Payment is non-refundable.
- Cancellation conditions: In case you need to cancel your reservation, you can pass your seat to another guest. However, no refund can be provided.
- Climate: The island of Zanzibar is a few degrees south of the equator, therefore, enjoys a tropical climate, dominated by the monsoons from the Indian Ocean. It is characterize by the rainy season, also known as Majira ya Mwua, which lasts two months: from April until the end of May. The ideal time, then, to reach this place, it is from June through to October.
- Documents: The tourists should be a passport with a validity of at least 6 months from the date of arrival. The passport must also have at least one blank page. Also, you must be in possession of a visa, valid for the United Republic of Tanzania. Visa can be obtained upon arrival at the three international airports of Tanzania (Zanzibar, Dar es Salaam, Kilimanjaro), at a cost of 50 USD. For those arriving by charter flight to Zanzibar, in addition to the $ 50 already mentioned, it is expected an addition of 49 USD to be paid locally as output tax. You required the visa before the departure, at the Embassy of Tanzania located in Italy (tel. 06 / 33485801-02-04), always at the cost of 50 USD. To exit from Zanzibar you must pay the airport tax of 30 USD. An additional tax of $ 8 USD paid directly by the airlines except for charter flights. We recommend use a dollar valid from 2006 onwards.
- Currency: Just arrived in Zanzibar you will have to proceed with the change of the Euro in local currency: the Tanzanian Shilling (TZS). 1 Euro is worth, approximately, 1,839 Tanzanian Shillings. The credit cards accepted are Visa and MasterCard not electronic and it accepted in major hotels and shopping centers in Stone Town (fees vary between 5% and 10%).
- Time zone: The time zone in Zanzibar, compared to Italy, an extra hour in the summer period and two more hours in the winter time period.
- Electricity: the current in Zanzibar has 220 V, with taken flat lamellae, therefore, we recommend to bring adapter.
- Religion: remember that Zanzibar is a Muslim community. The main religion is Islam (97%), followed by Christians and Hindus (3%), therefore, it is good practice to respect the culture and religion of the country, avoiding provocative costumes, topless and nude bathing. In addition, during the Ramadan period, the entrance to men and non-Muslim women in mosques is forbidden, as the consumption of food, drink and smoke in public.