- On sale!
CASA DEL VIENTO RESORT I 8 NIGHTS + 6 DAYS DIVING + FLIGHTS I MAHAHUAL I MEXICO
The Casa del Viento was created under a very simple concept: a large house, with several fully equipped studios, where guests can choose between enjoying the intimacy of their rooms or sharing experiences with the hosts and other guests in the common spaces. Mahahual, located on the Great Mayan Barrier, is the gateway for diving in the Biosphere Reserve: Xcalak, Mahahual and especially Banco Chinchorro, the most virgin Mexican Caribbean.
- 8 nights + 6 days diving, nono divers welcome
- This price is for 2 people in double room
- Flights Madrid - Cancun - Madrid included.
- Diving in the Great Mayan Barrier, the second largest reef system in the world.
- Gateway to Banco Chinchorro, the last untouched corner of the Caribbean barrier.
- Accommodation in a charming condominium in Mahahual
- We'll sleep one night in the fishermen's palafittes at Banco Chinchorro
- Special offer for non-divers, with routes around the area and snorkelling trips.
- In Mahahual any time of the year is good for diving.
Don't forget to save your customization to be able to add to cart
THE HOTEL CASA DEL VIENTO
Located in the most remote Caribbean area of Quintana Roo, on ancient beaches where the stories of well-known pirates and ancient Mayan legends are intermingled, the Casa del Viento was born in June 2018 to provide a quality alternative accommodation in Mahahual to the clients (divers and adventurers) of Pepe Dive Mahahual.
It is a charming condominium formed by four apartments that are built around a courtyard - the heart of the house - where you can find "the Garden of the Sails" - where the bougainvilleas intermingle with the yellow of the golden cups and create the perfect atmosphere to rest and recover strength - and "the Hall of the Owl", with comfortable seats and a library, an ideal space for gatherings or relaxation.
The common area has a shaded area, tables and chairs and a grill to organize dinners under the starry Mahahualan night.
The Casa del Viento was created under a very simple concept: a large house, with several fully equipped studios, where guests can choose between enjoying the intimacy of their rooms or sharing experiences with the hosts and other guests in the common areas.
Mahahual is a small fishing village located 280 km south of Playa del Carmen (Mexico), very close to the border with Belize, which is part of the Costa Maya and the Mexican Caribbean Biosphere Reserve.
A natural paradise, a sanctuary for diving lovers, through which passes the so-called Great Mayan Barrier, the second largest reef system in the world. Mahahual has more than 60 km of virgin reefs full of labyrinths and nooks where marine life takes refuge.
Diving in Costa Maya is characterized by its tranquility, no uncomfortable currents, great visibility and scenic diving.
In addition to the usual turtles, lobsters, manta rays and moray eels, it is also possible to find sharks, dolphins and large animals that have almost disappeared, such as the manatee.
More than 600 species of tropical fish have been recorded in the area, the most frequent being the striped snapper, the silvery sea bream, the red mullet, the coffer, etc. But there are also other less common fish that can be seen in our dives in Mahahual and surroundings (Chinchorro and Xcalak).
Banco Chinchorro is known by the fishermen as 'the ship cemetery', many ships have sunk here since the 16th century to the present day forming a real archaeological site.
Xcalak National Park, 60 km south of Mahahual, has the best dive in Mexico and one of the 10 best in the world.
Diving in cenotes is a unique experience, these caves have been formed for more than 13,000 years. When we enter a cenote, we will see large spaces decorated with beautiful stalactites and stalagmites, haloclines, caves and caverns with unique geological formations. The visibility is as clear as the air, the average depth is 10 meters and the average temperature is 22°C.
In the area there are cenotes suitable for any level of diving, from the most basic to the most technical. Take advantage of the unique opportunity to swim in cenotes like Dos Ojos, and tour its network of ancient caves filled with stalactites and stalagmites. You won't be able to do it anywhere else in the world.
PEPE DIVE MAHAHUAL
Our base of operations is located in the most central and beautiful area of the famous Mahahual boardwalk, in the Blue Reef building, with a deck on the beach to rest and have a drink between dives. Chano Montelongo, Instructor Trainer, is the leader of this group formed by divemasters, adventure guides, captains, sailors, etc., many of them trained since the beginning of their professional career in this same Pepe Dive school. It has bathrooms, showers, a restaurant and even a rooftop pool. Pepe Dive Mahahual has the largest and most comfortable boat in Mahahual, 38 feet, two new engines and with capacity for 18 passengers and crew.
- Flights Madrid - Cancun - Madrid.
- Transfers airport - hotel - airport, are included in the package and last approximately 4 hours.
- All passengers, without exception, must bring their personal and family documentation in accordance with the laws of the country or countries they plan to visit. It is their responsibility, when the trips require it, to obtain visas, passports, vaccination certificates, etc.
- The organizing agency will be exempted from all responsibility in the event that any authority refuses to grant visas for particular reasons of the user; is not allowed to enter the country because they do not have the requirements or documentation required, or for not being a carrier of this. Any expense derived from problems of this nature will be the responsibility of the user, applying in these circumstances the regulations established for cases of voluntary withdrawal of services.
- Likewise, users, and especially those with a nationality other than Spanish, must ensure, before starting the trip, that they comply with all applicable regulations and requirements regarding permits and/or visas in order to be able to enter all the countries to be visited without problems.
- If the trip is made via the USA, it is necessary to have an electronic-biometric passport, valid for at least 6 months before the end of the trip, and to process the ESTA (Electronic Travel Authorization) via the Internet.
- Flight from Madrid to Cancun (depending on departure time, you can spend the night on board).
- Arrival in Cancun. Pick up at the airport and transfer by road to Mahahual
- Check in, room delivery, night in Mahahual.
- Transfer by car to Xcalak and two dives in the reef.
- Night in Mahahual
- Transfer by boat to Banco Chinchorro and two dives.
- Overnight in fishermen's palafittes.
- Three dives in Banco Chinchorro.
- Return to Mahahual
- Night in Mahahual
Days 5 to 7:
- Six dives in Mahahual.
- 3 nights in Mahahual
- Free day to make an excursion to the wonderful Bacalar Lagoon, a cenote or a Mayan ruin.
- Night in Mahahual
- Breakfast at the resort and transfer to the airport.
- Departure from Cancun to Madrid.
- Night in the plane.
- Arrival to Madrid. End of the trip.
- International flights in economy class.
- Transfers airport - Mahahual - airport
- 7 nights accommodation in Mahahual in double room.
- 1 night in fishermen's palafittes in Banco Chinchorro
- Bed and breakfast regime
- The included dive package consists of 13 dives: 2 in Xcalak, 5 in Banco Chinchorro, 6 in Mahahual
- Transport to the dive site, Guide
- Aluminum bottle of 12 liters Leads.
- Interesting snorkeling programs, for non-divers
- Medical assistance and cancellation insurance for flights.
- Consult air or hotel supplements according to class or season
- Airfare (to be reconfirmed at the time of ticketing).
- Extras for alimony in accommodation.
- Extras for diving not included in the package.
- Diving insurance. We can help you to contract it.
- Transfers in Mahahual except transfer and diving points.
- Tips (optional cost at guest's discretion).
- Visas or local taxes.
- Any other service not specified in the section INCLUDED.
- For the last day we can offer a cultural tour:
- Visit to the Mayan ruins of chacchoben (very beautiful and interesting),
- Visit with bath in the blue cenote.
- Lunch in a restaurant next to the famous bacalar lagoon, "the most beautiful in the country"
- Visit to the Fort of San Felipe, dating from the 17th century, and its small museum on the history of Quintana Roo, from pre-Hispanic times to the present day.
- Cost depending on the number of participants. Not included in the price.
- Program subject to special conditions of contracting and cancellation.
- The client may cancel the services requested, having the right to a refund of the amounts paid, but must pay the agency the amounts indicated below:
- From the payment of the deposit: 110 ? for management costs.
- Between 120 and 90 days before departure, 25% of the total amount of the ground services.
- Between 89 and 60 days before departure, 50% of the total amount of the ground services
- Between 59 and 46 days before departure, 70% of the total amount for ground handling.
- 45 days or less before departure, 100% of the total cost of ground handling.
- Air tickets are not refundable once issued.
- All quotes are estimates and may undergo slight variations until the moment of confirmation of air and hotel places. The final price may vary depending on flight availability, dollar exchange rate or other unforeseen events.
BEFORE YOU TRAVEL
- Documentation: carry a passport (valid for 6 months), diving certificate, diving insurance and diving book
- Currency: You don't need to bring cash, you can pay in US dollars or Mexican pesos, which can be taken out of the ATMs without any problem and pay with a card at the hotel and/or establishments. Euros are accepted in many establishments.
- Clothes: Summer clothes and maybe some sweaters for the night, but evaluate according to travel season.
- Electricity: 220v with American flat plug type A.
- Health: As a general rule, no vaccination is required, but it is the passenger's responsibility to check and comply with vaccination requirements.
- Before traveling abroad, it is recommended to register your data in the computerized Registry of Travelers of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs https://registroviajeros.exteriores.gob.es/, in order to facilitate the attention in eventual emergency or necessity situations.