- On sale!
TAWALI LEISURE AND DIVE RESORT I 7 NIGHTS + 6 DAYS OF DIVING I MILNE BAY I PAPUA NEW GUINEA
Tawali Leisure and Dive Resort is a boutique waterfront resort in Milne Bay, Papua New Guinea.
The resort is set into the hillside within lush vegetation and overlooking a turquoise, coral filled bay. The main buildings and pathways are constructed from sustainably sourced local wood. Covered walkways connect guest bungalows, which are complete with private balconies overlooking Hoia Bay. The air-conditioned bungalows are spacious with two queen beds and rosewood interiors that include desks, closets and lounge areas. Bathrooms are modern, completely tiled and have solar heated water.
Diving here offers the chance to enjoy an abundance of soft corals, large sea fans, anemones with clown fish and large pelagics, including whale sharks and hammerheads.
Enjoy a plethora of activities and excursions including bird watching, guided waterfall trails, rainforest hikes, picnics on the beach, fishing and cultural experiences.
- Tawali Leisure and Dive Resort is a waterfront resort in Milne Bay
- Corals, reef fish, pelagics, whale sharks, hammerheads
- Tropical rainforest, bird song, wooden pathways
- Naturally constructed resort with sustainable ethos
- Air-conditioned spacious rooms, some with ocean views
- Waterfalls, hotspring, beach picnics, cultural trips
- Skull Cave and Mumu demonstrations
- Single Person Room. Standard rooms come with 1 double bed, air conditioning, a ceiling fan, refrigerator and coffee and tea making facilities. En-suite bathroom with fresh water shower.
- Double Standard Room. The rooms have 2 double beds, air conditioning and a ceiling fan. Also included are coffee and tea making facilities and a balcony. En-suite bathroom with fresh water shower.
- Double Deluxe Bungalow. These bungalows offer 2 Queen beds, air-conditioning, a ceiling fan, spacious living environment and a balcony. Each room comes with coffee/tea making facilities, in addition to a refrigerator and TV. En-suite bathroom with fresh water shower.
- Tawali Leisure and Dive Resort is a waterfront resort in Milne Bay and offers convenient access to remote and thriving marine eco-systems.
- All dives are within a 25 to 40 minute boat ride from Tawali to 20+ dive sites. You may choose from two-tank and three-tank trips and night diving on the house reef is encouraged.
- Three-tank dive trips set off in the morning and include lunch served on the boat or on nearby islands where you will have time to explore independently. These trips depart on 60 foot West Coaster ''Explorer'' with a maximum of 20 divers.
- Two-tank trips depart in the morning or afternoon and make use of three 23 foot speed boats with 70hp outboard motors.
- The local marine topography consists of pinnacles and walls, both covered in coral and frequented by large and small creatures. Muck diving is available.
- Corals, reef fish, pelagics, whale sharks, hammerheads
- Diving here offers the chance to enjoy an abundance of soft corals, large sea fans, anemones with clown fish and large pelagics, including whale sharks and hammerheads.
- Sprinkle in to this mix some of the many WWII wrecks in the area, such as the Black Jack B17F Flying Fortress bomber just off the beach at Cape Vogel, and some of the superb reefs, and it’s easy to understand Milne Bay is on the “must do” list for most divers.
- Among the famous dive sites are Coral Garden and Deacon’s Reef that was constantly recognized by Paradise Magazine as No.1 dive sites in PNG. Add to this the Lawadi or Dinah’s Beach which is the birthplace of muck diving and recognized as top macro dive site in the world.
- Explore remote islands during the surface interval
- Prices quoted are for September 2020. Please contact us for quotes on other dates
- Diving holiday for 2 certified divers (Open Water Diver or higher) sharing 1 room or 1 certified diver in individual basic option accommodation
- Chosen Room for 7 nights
- No meals included
- 12 boat dives per diver
- Weight Belt/Weights/Tank(s)
- Free WiFi (public areas)
- Use of non-motorised water sports equipment
- Welcome drink
- Full board meal package + EUR 479 per person
- Environmental Safety Fee/Sanitation Tax: USD 5 (per dive/person)
- Transfer from/to Alotau Gurney Airport (round-trip) - per PERSON: USD 110 (per person)
- Full scuba set: 40 USD (per dive/person)
- Nitrox: USD 8 (per dive/person)
- Unlimited Nitrox (1 week): USD 80 (per activity/person)
- Picnic and Snorkeling at Boi Boi Waga Island
- Bird Watching
- Rainforest and Coastal Village Walk
- Dei Dei Hot spring Excursion
- Skull Cave and Waterfall Excursion
- Night dive (shore/reef): USD 30 (per dive/person)
- Night dive: USD 120 (per activity/person)
- Note: all listed prices are per person
PAYMENT & CANCELLATION TERMS
- Now: 0% until reservation is confirmed
- 48 hours after booking confirmation: 100%
- Free cancellation for 48h after confirmation.
- 30% of the total amount of the reservation will be charged if you cancel.
- 100% will be charged if you cancel less than 60 days before your arrival date
HOW TO GET THERE
- Tawali Resort is accessible via a bus and a boat from Alotau.
- It is best to fly from Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea to Alotau Gurney Airport, then transfer on a 90-minute bus ride along the Milne Bay coast followed by a 20-minute boat ride to the resort.
- The trip between Alotau Airport and Tawali Resort takes approximately 2 hours.
- The transfer from Alotau Gurney Airport can be arranged by the resort for an additional fee.
- A return transfer to Alotau Airport from the resort will be arranged for an additional cost.
Don't forget to save your customization to be able to add to cart