The 5*All-Inclusive Iberostar Quetzal Resort in the Mayan Riviera, surrounded by lush flora and wildlife, you can visit the world’s second largest barrier reef and dive with turtles, dolphins, barracuda, star fish, endemic toadfish, rays and nurse sharks. Whale sharks visit between May and September and cenote diving is a must for anyone diving in Mexico. Stay between November and mid-March for bull shark encounters. Located on a white sand beach overlooking the Caribbean ocean, the resort provides a natural habitat for many species including monkeys, exotic birds and fish. Air-conditioned guestrooms offer airy living space and a private balcony or terrace with garden, jungle or ocean views. Savor Mexican and international flavours from four speciality a la carte and buffet restaurants, including a mix of open-air and air conditioned areas. Enjoy a cocktail at the beach lounge or swim-up bar. The resort offers land and water sports such kayaking, tennis, yoga, volleyball, aqua gym and jet skiing. A gym, spa and main swimming pool are open every day, and a theater hosts nightly shows. Dance classes and karaoke are included in your all-inclusive package.
- 7 nights + 12 dives, non diver and families welcome
- English German Spanish French Italian Russian
- Iberostar Quetzal is a luxury beachfront resort offering Cenote dives and shark encounters which are must for anyone visiting Mexico
- The standard room is a colorfully-furnished suite with either two double beds or one king-sized bed and a private balcony with either a garden or jungle view. WiFi in room
- The Superior Rooms offer all the comforts and amenities of the standard rooms, but are located conveniently close to the beach and pool.
- Each room has either one king-sized bed or two double beds, and a private balcony overlooking the jungle or gardens.WiFi in room
- Drift diving makes it easy to float from one turtle to the next and glide along deep walls. This very same current also ensures great visibility!
- Between dives you can paddle around in a kayak, explore ancient ruins or indulge in a massage, then refuel in one of five restaurants
- This is a true 5* experience, combining the rustic with the luxury and striking the ideal balance between adventure and relaxation
- As a certified Green Globe Eco Hotel, you can enjoy the Caribbean's warm waters and 35 m visibility while making a positive contribution to the planet
- Dressel Divers Playa del Carmen is the second ever dive certification organisation in the Americas.
- The colourful dive shop is set on the waterfront, steps from the boats moored on white sand beach. Facilities include a large selection of rental gear, spacious storage rooms, filling station, shaded outdoor areas, training pool, classrooms and a fish ID library.
- The dive team boasts a wealth of knowledge having dived around the local reefs for decades.
- 20+ dive sites are within convenient access, and the purpose-built dive vessels are spacious, shaded and fast.
- Daily dive trips depart for open water, cenotes and night dives.
- Trips depart in the morning and afternoon (8:30am, 10:30am, 1:30pm, sunset). All boats come with AEDs, VHF radios, emergency oxygen, first aid kits and experienced captains.
- During season, bull shark and whale shark excursions are regular.
- Take part in a whale shark excursion between May and September and from November through to mid-March you can dive with wild bull sharks
- Easy access to over 20 local reef dive sites, free nitrox and suberb facilities including a training pool, WiFi, classrooms, and a fish ID library
- The jungle Cenotes are ideal for gaining cave of cavern certifications and the nitrox is free!
- A full range of PADI courses are offered including specialities like deep, cavern and photography.
- Room for 7 nights all inclusive
- 12 boat dives per diver
- Weight Belt/Weights/Tank(s)
- Free nitrox (for certified nitrox divers)
- Free WiFi
- Transfer from/to the airport (round-trip)
- Use of non-motorised watersports equipment
- Free drinking water
- Housekeeping/cleaning person
- Hyperbaric chamber contribution: USD 1 (per dive/person)
- Full scuba set: USD 27 (per day/person)(see more)
- Spa treatment
- Yoga sessions
- Bull Shark Dive supplement (bracelet incl.): USD 30 (per dive/person)
- Cenote Excursion: USD 99 (per dive/person)
- Whale Shark Tour: USD 220 (per dive/person)
- Note: all listed prices are per person
- After booking confirmation: 30% downpayment non refundable
- 60 days before trip start: 100% (balance)
- 30% of the total booking amount will be charged if you cancel
- 100% will be charged if you cancel less than 22 days prior to arrival
HOW TO GET THERE
- Upon arrival at Cancun International Airport, the dive team will pick you up and bring you to the resort (advance notice required, additional cost).
- The journey to the resort will take approximately one hour.
- After check out, the dive team will be on hand to assist you with your bags and drive you back to the airport (advance notice required, additional cost).