- On sale!
SCUBA JUNKIE KOMODO RESORT I 10 NIGHTS HOTEL + 9 DAYS DIVING I INDONESIA
At the Scuba Junkie Komodo Beach resort every night we watch the sun set behind the island of Komodo. The complex is the perfect place for people who love diving and want to get away from the bustling city. The calm water waters perfectly complement our blue skies and our stunning landscapes.
- 10 nights + 18 dives
- We speak many different languages ask for what you need
- Prices are full board
- Excursions to see the Komodo dragon included
- Excursions to see the fruit bats at sunset included
- The resort itself is located an hour away by boat from Labuan Bajo
- Spectacular views from restaurant and bar on the island of Komodo.
- At our resort you can experience all that the Komodo National Park has to offer
- The resort has an affordable style, comfortable and with all the necessary facilities.
- The complex itself is built using reclaimed wood from the ground
- The style of the resort resorts to Balinese influences and uses traditional methods of construction.
- We are a PADI 5 * diving company
- We are affordable, reliable and committed to provide you with the best possible diving experience.
- We have a range of accommodations available for each traveler. From cheap Bales to luxurious rooms with bathrooms, we have something for everyone.
- Scuba Junkie Komodo makes daily diving excursions from its diving center
- We have two made-to-measure teak wood diving boats of 20 m
- An ideal place to relax between dives
- See the stunning scenery of Komodo National Park
- Our professional, safe and experienced dive guides will take you to the best dive sites possible and show you the amazing underwater world!
Don't forget to save your customization to be able to add to cart
SCUBA JUNKIE KOMODO BEACH RESORT
The Scuba Junkie Komodo Beach resort is truly blessed to be West facing. This means every evening we watch the sunset behind Komodo island and watch the sky turn a wonderfully breathtaking array of colours over the Komodo National Park. The resort is the perfect place for people who love diving and want to get away from the busy town. Calm aqua waters perfectly compliment our surrounding blue skies and stunning landscapes.
We are the only resort in the area and the hills that surround us will mean that when you aren't out diving you can fully relax. With no road to the area there are no cars, no pollution and the cooling sea breeze is a welcome respite after the heat of Labuan Bajo. This is your holiday and we want you to relax and get the full experience of the Komodo National Park, without having to spend all of your time on a boat. We are just a stones throw away from the border of the Komodo National Park - you can't build any closer!
The resort itself is situated an hour's boat ride away from Labuan Bajo - the main town on Flores. Although it feels like we're worlds away, we are still located on Flores island. From our restaurant and bar area we can see Komodo island itself! From our location you can experience all the Komodo National Park has to offer in affordable style, comfort and ease.
The resort itself is built, where possible, using reclaimed wood from the land and keeps the beautiful natural surroundings in mind. The style of the resort calls upon Balinese influences and uses traditional methods of building.
We are a PADI 5* dive company, but with us you won't be paying 5* prices. We are affordable, reliable and committed to giving you the best diver experience possible.
We have a range of accommodation available for every traveller. From budget Bales to luxurious Ensuite rooms we've got something for everyone.
The open planned restaurant and bar are situated on the beach and is a perfect place to relax with a cold drink after a dive day and watch the sunset right in front of the resort. If you take a short walk to the nearby headland you can witness incredible views of Rinca island and the famous Molo Straits. With it's high roofing, traditional style 'alang alang' and rattan lighting, it makes the inside feel like the outside and blends into the amazing natural scenery of the surrounding bay.
Here you can enjoy the amazing food cooked by chefs who are well versed in preparing amazing Indonesian food, as well as Italian cuisine, fresh bread, BBQs and much more!
If its relaxation, stunning scenery, great food and atmosphere, affordable yet stylish accommodation, world class diving with an award winning, professional and experienced dive centre you are looking for, then Scuba Junkie Komodo Beach Resort is the place for you!
DAILY DIVING WITH SCUBA JUNKIE KOMODO
We are lucky to have fantastic diving all year round. The complex is located as close as possible to the Komodo National Park. This means that we can get to the park before any other one day excursion boats. Our location also means that we can take day trips to some of the southern sites in the park, which many day trip boats can not get to.
On our day trips here we try to give you a little bit of everything. The diving here goes from the giants to the smallest, and there is something to please all kinds of divers. In one day we will visit different types of sites, so you can see the true diversity offered by the Komodo National Park.
How the day goes by:
We started the day pretty early. Our goal is to be in the Komodo National Park and dive before the other day on boats from Labuan Bajo. There is a light breakfast that is served at the resort, but do not fill there. Once you board our dive boat, we will serve you a delicious breakfast with pancakes, eggs, freshly baked bread and fresh fruit. Of course, we also have tea, coffee and water on the boats.
While having breakfast, enjoy the breathtaking scenery of the Komodo National Park that will leave you breathless. Just before the first dive, our experienced, friendly and professional immersion team will bring everyone together and provide informative and comprehensive information on immersion. They will provide you with all the information you need about currents, marine life and safety procedures. Then, your group's guide will discuss more personal preferences with you separately. Whether you prefer macro or blankets, just let our eagle-eyed guides know what you'd like to see. Our groups always stay small and we will never have more than 4 divers in a group.
All day is spent in the park. Lunch is served buffet style after the second dive. If you have any kind of diet, do not hesitate to let us know. We can organize delicious vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free dishes.
Then return to the resort in time to enjoy a tasty snack, a well-deserved drink and the beautiful sunset.
Our diving team
One of the owners of Scuba Junkie Komodo is not only a fully trained Scuba Pro service technician, but many of our dive teams are trained in diving equipment service. All our diving equipment is less than two years old and we perform maintenance on a regular basis.
Neoprene wetsuits available for rent are 3mm full length neoprene.
Our fins are fully open and we also offer boots to use them. These are the best fins to use in the conditions we experience in the Komodo National Park.
All tanks are well within the dates of their hydrostatic tests, they are aluminum 12 liters. If you need a 15-liter tank, ask when you send your reservation inquiry.
The Komodo National Park is huge, and because of its geography, along with many other factors, diving here is incredibly diverse.
We have divided the diving in three areas: North, Center and South, each with its own marine life, topography and currents that will leave you breathless. The best places to dive in the park is quite seasonal. Throughout the year the center of the park has a fantastic diving. With sites that offer a range of marine creatures! Ornate ghost fish, toadfish, cuttlefish, octopus, eels, sharks, turtles, blankets and much more!
From November to March, the wind comes from the north and this means favorable conditions for the south of the park. However, that means that larger waves in the northern area make trips there a little more complicated. March arrives and the wind changes, from the south, which means that the conditions change, the north fills with clear and warm water and the south becomes more wavy and more difficult to dive. The time of year you arrive will affect the diving sites that are open to you, but the diving is really fantastic all year round, and the Rays Mantas are seen all year!
The Komodo National Park is vast, and due to its geography - along with many other factors - the diving here is incredibly diverse.
We have divided the diving into three areas - the North, Central and South, with each having its own marine life, topography and currents that will take your breath away. The best locations for diving in the park is fairly seasonal. Throughout the year the centre of the park has fantastic diving. Boasting sites a whole range of marine critters! Ornate ghost pipefish, frogfish, cuttlefish, octopus, eels, sharks, turtles, mantas and much much more!
From November through to March the wind comes from the North and this means favourable conditions for the South of the park. However, that does mean larger waves in the North area making trips there a little trickier. Come March and the wind changes, coming from the South meaning the conditions swap, the North fills with warm clear water and the South becomes more wavey and harder to dive. The time of year you arrive will affect the dive sites that are open to you, but the diving is genuinely fantastic all year round, and Mantas Rays are seen all year round!
Scuba Junkie Komodo house reef
Our amazing house reef is an awesome dive in its own right and throws up all manner of wish list subjects from pipe fish, nudi branchs, frog fish, mandarin fish and the occasional once in a life time treat such as dugong which have been spotted several times while diving this reef.
The site is situated in the bay directly in front of the beach restaurant so visability is usually around 8 to 10m but that is more than enough to see all it has to offer and Scuba Junkie Komodo is the only center to dive here! The site starts shallow about 20m out from shore where we descend the reef descends onto soft coral gardens and coral bommies where batfish, sweetlips, mandarin fish and ribbon eels can all be found. The reef plateaus out to around 12m to 14m where the reef drops again to another plateau with a rubbly soft coral bottom and again at around 18m. This area can be susceptible to current so is best dived on a slack tide and is where cuttlefish, robust ghost pipe fish, nudis, many many sting rays and more can all be found while hunting around the bottom. Keep an eye out for bigger stuff such as the sail fin snapper, groupers and as mentioned, you never know what else can swim by!!! This site is also perfect for night dives from the resort.
Let us Help You Get Here
- Trans nusa and Skyscanner are useful websites where you book your flight online. There is work in progress to make an international airport here, which will increase flights in to the area considerably. The flight from Bali takes between 1 to 1 1/2 hours depending on the airline - it is the most reliable, convenient and comfortable way to get to the area.
- We recommend our guests to book one of the morning flights as our boat transfer to the Komodo Beach Resort departs Labuan Bajo at 14:30 daily.
- Scuba Junkie can arrange a taxi pick up/drop off for you. Look out for the driver who will be holding a card with your name on it! Just pay the driver directly.
- Just send us an email for more information on flights and which times will be best suited for you to meet our transfer boat. The day you arrive there will be time to just relax at the resort and enjoy the sunset.
- From the airport it's just a 5 minute drive to the harbor where our transfer boat will be waiting to take you to Scuba Junkies Komodo Beach Resort which is an hours incredibly scenic boat ride away. We see monkeys in the Mangroves and see dolphins right next to the boat on the way nearly every day!
- There are the options to travel either by passenger ferry or the more leisurely tourist boats which can take 3 days and stop off for snorkeling and land tours on the way.
Overland and ferry...
- This is for you more hard core travelers! Give yourselves at least 4 days to get here so that you can take in the sights on the way.
Our Garden Bales are the perfect accommodation for those who wish to experience the stunning Komodo National Park without breaking their budget. Comfortable, simple and stylish they are a great escape from the crowds of town.
Our Balinese 'bales' are the perfect accommodation for those travellers who wish to experience the diving of the Komodo National Park, but wish to do away from the town and the crowds and close to the park in comfort and relaxation without having to break their budget.
These traditional style bales, positioned close to the beach, are spacious and can accommodate either single travellers, twin share or couples. Designed using the natural landscape and surroundings in mind, these open style bales are equipped with imported spring mattresses, fans, lights, electrical outlets, mosquito nets, traditional 'alang alang' roofing and custom made roll down bamboo blinds on all sides for added sleep comfort and privacy.
Literally only a stones throw from the beach, they come with stunning views of the surrounding bay and islands. With shared bathroom and shower units these are the perfect accommodation if you wish to stay in the comfort of our resort, dive in the safety of a PADI 5* dive centre, be away from the crowds and the main town and wish to do this all on an affordable travellers budget.
These spacious 4m by 4m ensuite rooms are perfect for couples or friends looking for the added comfort of a private fan cooled or A/C room.
Designed in a Balinese style with high ceilings and carved vents for aesthetics and airflow, each room has custom made king size bed or two custom made twin beds and is equipped with imported spring mattresses for added comfort. These rooms each have 4m sliding doors through which you can see the sun rise and set over the Komodo National Park, or take in the view while relaxing on our custom made furniture on the attached 3m balcony
Each room has a spacious en-suite bathroom with Balinese finishing's, a natural spring water rain shower, stone sink, sky light and where possible utilizes reclaimed wood from the land in its design and fittings.
A perfect place to come back to in affordable style and comfort after a great days diving in Komodo.
- All prices include the 10% GST
- 24 dives
- dragon tour
- boat transfers
- free sunset fruit bat tour
- all meals
- From the 1st July until the 30th September and again from the 20th December until the 7th January. High season rates will apply. Theses rates are as follows:
- - Garden Bales 50,000 IDR per person per night extra
- - Ensuite Fan Room 100,000 IDR per person per night extra
- - Ensuite AC Room 100,000 IDR per person per night extra
- Please note, room rates in the above packages are based on Twin Share. For Single occupancy there is a 350,000 IDR surcharge per night.
All packages exclude:
- Komodo National Park permit fee of 275,000 IDR per day and 350,000 on Sundays and public holidays.
- Komodo dragon tour entrace permits of 265,000 (Mon-Sat) and 340,000 (Sun & public holidays)
- Alcoholic and soft drinks from our bar (cash only)
- The park fees must be paid in cash only on arrival
To arrange any tours let us know at the time of the booking
Flores - a place of pure beauty with a whole range of activities to enhance your holiday!
There are volcanic lakes of varying colours, stunning views and areas that remain untouched by tourism. Enjoy and be part of traditional dances and festivities, be immersed in the local culture and take in some of the most dramatic scenery in Indonesia! After diving in the most bio diverse place in the world, don't rush away from the area. Take the time to explore somewhere that may be famous for Komodo Dragons and epic diving but has so much more to offer!
An ancient former trading port, Warloka is a place where numerous historic artifacts like stone pillars, dolmens, daggers and spearheads, jewelry, and antique ceramics have been found.
The Komodo dragons are arguably one of the main attractions of the Komodo area (we would argue the diving is, but we might be a little bias). On the day you check out from the Komodo Beach Resort we will take you over the Rinca Island to see these pre-historic looking creatures.
Other places that are a must to visit while in Flores!
Be sure to spend some time in the charming fishing town of Labuan Bajo on the way back from the resort. The town offers many different types of restaurants that offer local and western food and lots of small interesting shops to browse around. From Labuan Bajo its very easy starting point to explore the rest of Flores.
Sitting 35km South East of Labuan Bajo is the beautiful Cunca Rami Waterfall. It offers an incredible natural swimming experience and is a great day trip away from Labuan Bajo.
Wae Rebu is often described as the most beautiful traditional village in Indonesia. It is an old Manggaraian village that is situated in beautiful mountain scenery.
Kelimutu. Located east of Labuan Bajo in the Ende regency you can either fly there or take the more scenic, but windy, bus option. Please note that you will need about 4 days to do this comfortably.
- Be sure to comply with the requirements of the country corresponding to your nationality.
- Make sure your passport is valid at least six months after the date you plan to visit the country
- Diving insurance is mandatory for divers of all ages on all our trips: bring your certificate as proof
- It is recommended to have a travel insurance that is appropriate for the type of diving vacation you are going to do.
- Check the electrical standards (such as the plugs used) in your destination country before traveling and bring the appropriate adapter if necessary.
- The itinerary and the number of dives are indicative and are subject to weather conditions and conditions: safety always comes first.
- All divers must present their diving certification card.
- The diving computers are mandatory.
- Local rates, fuel surcharges, distance rates, port fees, etc. may change without prior notice due to changes in government policy, changes in the price of oil, etc. The changes are beyond our control and the increases must be paid if the boat requests them. We will endeavor to inform you of any changes as soon as possible. A change in these rates does not entitle you to cancel the trip.